Monday, December 03, 2007

FAKE LOTTERIES

I have been wondering where all this fake lottery announcements come from. In a day i get almost 40 confiration e-mails about me winning lotteries I never entered for. I have never contacted the foreign ones but I wonder what it would be like and what they'll have to tell me when I get to ask them of my winnings. I once contacted one of the local ones and I was amzed when one agboro(tout) answered the call.
Can someone help tell me how they get my informations ar is yahoo not as secured as it claims to be. My given storage capacity on yahoo is almost running out and The spam control is not even functioning. Each day i receive mails from addresses I spam. I am not finding it funny at all. the worst part is that their so called lottery is always done without your knowledge. I think Yahoo should tighten its security.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

POOR YOU!!!

Anonymous said...

Once You make a mistake and contact any oneof those 'agboros', your email address is automatically put on their list as active and passed on to their friends and thats why you have so many other spam mails.

I really dont know what advice to give other than to delete the emails without opening them cos if you open the spam mails, you automatically download the virus attached to their mails into the computer or laptop u are using and alert them that one day, they'll be succesful in defrauding the owner of the email so simply ignore them.